Challenge Accepted

Ever been in a staring contest with yourself? And if you have, I bet you probably lost.

Well, a staring contest with myself is the best explanation as to why I’m writing this blog. However, I want you to understand that my opponent in the Battle of Blinkery (namely my Left Brain) is armed with a rather large stick, and according to the rules, he can legal commit an eye gouging in order to secure his victory. Which is completely unfair, but eye splinters or not, I don’t plan on blinking anytime soon.

To clear things up, I’ve made a wager with myself. Today, the left side of my brain (the logical side) was talking with the right side of my brain (the creative side) and their argument pretty much went as follows:


Right – I should write a blog. I have all of these ideas that I feel should be written down.


Left – Ha ha ha. *bent over in insane laughter* You couldn’t right a blog if you tried. You have the attention span of a diseased monkey with A.D.D. hyped up on sugar and crack cocaine. Why can't you just throw poo around like a good little monkey?




Right – I can too write a blog. In fact, I am going to write a blog.


Left – It won’t last. I bet you couldn’t even keep it going for a week.
Then after further bickering and some rather foul name calling on behalf of my right brain, the bet was agreed upon. I have to write a blog for at least a month with stipulations including at least two posts per week.

So even as I type...

Ouch!!!

Left Brain has begun to poke me with his stick. But all I have to say is...

Challenge accepted, Left Brain. It is on.



P.S. - Does anyone else think my brain looks like chewed up bubble gum? Which, come to think of it, is pretty accurate.

2 comments:

  1. People don't like to comment much, huh...?
    I think you are funny!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've played a couple of times chess with myself, and...lost. Or put it more correctly, "he" won...I like your blog, reminds me of my creative side...Keep up the good fight !

    ReplyDelete